Looking to pick up more than a drink from your bartender? When you feel a spark, ignite the flame and ask them out.
- TIP: The quickest way to let someone know you're not interested in them is to flirt with other people.
- Step 1: Watch your alcohol intake. You'll only look foolish if you get drunk and sloppy.
- Step 2: Ask for the phone number after you've established a relationship that goes beyond professional. Consider writing your phone number on your bill. Good luck!
- FACT: On January 24, 1935, the first canned beer -- Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale -- was sold in Richmond, Virginia.
- Step 3: Do not flirt with other people in the bar.
- Step 4: Avoid lurking around the bar or talking too much, especially when they start to get busy. Let them know that you're aware that they have a job to do and don't monopolize their time.
- Step 5: Make a good first impression and build a casual relationship. Smile a lot and be polite. Never act impatient when you're waiting for a drink.
- TIP: Tell a joke to help break the ice.
- Step 6: Tip your bartender well, and also your waiter or waitress if you aren't sitting at the bar. Do not be cheap. You can't be too generous, especially if you're looking for a date.
- Step 7: Talk to the bartender about the other customers. Make comments about someone's rude behavior or bad tip. Create things to talk about that the bartender can't help but be interested in.
- : Don't drink unless you're of legal age. Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.