Sunbathe on the beach without breaking the bank. There are many great beach vacation spots you can enjoy that offer wallet-friendly deals.
- Step 1: Now that you've saved money on accommodations and transportation, splurge on activities. Take scuba diving and surfing lessons, go snorkeling or get a massage and take yoga classes at a local spa.
- Step 2: Book your hotel reservations and flights early enough to get a good deal, and make your arrangements on online travel sites to get the best deals. Enjoy getting more travel for your money.
- FACT: The United States purchased the Virgin Islands from Denmark in 1917 for $25 million in gold.
- Step 3: Once you arrive at your destination, walk or take public transportation to avoid paying for rental cars.
- TIP: Consider renting a house or condo if you have a big group. You'll have a kitchen where you can cook your own meals to save money on eating out.
- Step 4: Once you choose a destination, pick the type of accommodations you want. Book a cabin in Belize or a thatched hut in Tulum, Mexico. Half Moon in Montego Bay, Jamaica, offers deluxe rooms at a low price.
- Step 5: Decide which amenities you can do without. Some eco-hotels and quaint _posadas have no hot water, communal showers and bathrooms, and electricity only in the evenings. In exchange, you pay cut-rate prices to stay steps from the beach in your slice of heaven.
- Step 6: Choose your setting. Consider whether you want to be near a beach town, or nestled in a remote jungle.