Memorial Day holiday weekend is one that many Americans use to hit the road with their families. There are ways to make it a fun but budget-friendly trip.
- TIP: Be cheap, just not too cheap. You don't want to miss out on an unforgettable experience just because it didn't fit into your budget.
- Step 1: Try camping for the holiday. Memorial Day signals the beginning of the warm summer weather, so get out in the great outdoors and enjoy the country on this U.S. holiday.
- FACT: Memorial Day was originally celebrated to honor those who died in the Civil War.
- Step 2: Bring food along for the driving portion of the trip. You can also bring enough food for a few meals during the trip.
- Step 3: Do research before you go so that you'll be able to find restaurants and attractions that fit into your budget.
- Step 4: Look for last-minute deals to save money. You don't need to plan months ahead of time to find a great deal.
- TIP: Look for package deals, such as a meal with a performance or a tour with a souvenir.
- Step 5: Go on a road trip. You don't need a plane. There are plenty of fun things to do everywhere in the United States -- find one near you!