A quick info vid on how to play bobbing for apples. Enjoy!
- Step 1: Congratulate the winner, and pass out towels to dry the wet faces!
- FACT: Apple bobbing dates back to an ancient Celtic tradition, which held that the first player to get an apple would be the first to get married.
- Step 2: Remove any stems and leaves from the apples and place them in the water.
- Step 3: Say "Go!" Have the players stick their faces in the tub and try to seize an apple using only their mouths. The first to get an apple is the winner.
- Step 4: Fill the tub with water, leaving five inches of space at the top.
- TIP: Use apples of different colors and sizes.
- Step 5: Have each player put their hands behind their backs.
- Step 6: Determine whether you want to take turns bobbing, or have two or three people try at the same time.