Play Freeze Dance, a fun, high-energy game, at your tot’s next party. It will help them learn to follow directions and encourage imagination.
- TIP: Try alphabet freeze dance. When the music stops, call a different letter. The dancers must freeze while imitating the shape of that letter.
- Step 1: Continue starting and stopping the music until there is one person left. They’re the winner!
- FACT: Did you know? The world record for marathon dancing is 5,154 hours and 48 minutes, or 214 days.
- Step 2: Stop the music and instruct all to freeze; those who don't freeze are out of the game. Kids who are out can help monitor the rest of the kids.
- TIP: For variety, call for them to dance like different animals, such as a frog, a monkey, or a bunny.
- Step 3: Select a monitor to start and stop the music and make the eliminations.
- Step 4: Start the music and instruct the children to dance. They must keep dancing until the music stops.
- Step 5: Choose the music that the kids will dance to. Ask for some of their favorite songs or choose a theme, such as country, rock, reggae, or classical.