Frisbee golf is an increasingly popular game, with clubs popping up all over the country. It's easy to learn and fun to play. Once you get started, you may want to form a league of your own.
- Step 1: Learn the small parts of the game like proper stance, how to throw for distance and accuracy, the boundaries of a course, and other factors to help you improve your game.
- TIP: The best way to learn these important details of the game is to play with an experienced player to observe and learn.
- Step 2: Practice as much as you can to consistently improve your game. Get out regularly to the course, and also practice specific shots in your back yard or in a park.
- FACT: Students started experimenting with flying discs in the 1920s when they tossed pie plates from the Frisbie Baking Company of Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- Step 3: Learn the rules before playing the game. Similar to traditional golf, the object is to get the Frisbee from the starting area to the basket in as few throws as possible.
- Step 4: Find a partner to play with, because this game is best enjoyed with others, and your partner will help you push and improve your game.
- TIP: You can use the PDGA.com site to find courses.
- Step 5: Start with just one disc, and then move on to multiple discs. The discs you need include a driver, a mid-range disc, and a putter disc.
- TIP: It's helpful to test discs before deciding which ones work best for you.
- Step 6: Find a course to play Frisbee golf by searching online for locations in your area, or inquiring at your local Frisbee shop.