Ouija is a game that is said to summon the paranormal. For some, it is a fun toy. For others, it’s a gateway to the spiritual world. Learn to play and decide for yourself.
- Step 1: Place the board on a table that can accommodate you and the other players. Make sure it's in a place where every player can reach it. Draw blinds or curtains, and turn the lights down low -- some people claim light causes interference between the board and the spirit realm. Place the planchette on the middle of the board.
- TIP: A planchette is a heart-shaped device with a magnifying glass near the tip. Answers to questions are read through the glass.
- Step 2: Each player places their index and middle fingers lightly on the planchette. The players close their eyes and one of the players asks a question out loud.
- Step 3: Wait for the planchette to move. Sometimes you will have to wait for a while. Don’t push it -- you’ll feel it sliding across the board.
- Step 4: Note the answer as the planchette moves in response to your question. It will stop at words on the board or will spell an answer.
- TIP: Have a scribe keep track of what is being spelled. A scribe should only observe and not touch the planchette.
- Step 5: Marvel as your questions are answered by the spirit world!
- Step 6: The game ends whenever you are satisfied with your answers, or if the planchette moves over the words "GOOD BYE."
- FACT: The word Ouija is a combination of the French word oui and the German word _ja_. Both words mean "yes."