A no-contact offshoot of ice hockey, roller hockey is played on inline skates and teams can play almost anywhere.
- TIP: Roller hockey is just like ice hockey, but without contact, so finesse is more important that brute force.
- Step 1: Win the game by scoring the most goals against your opponent.
- FACT: The National Hockey League officially began on Dec. 19, 1917. The National Hockey League officially began on Dec. 19, 1917.
- Step 2: Concentrate on puck-handling, as well as passing and shooting. Aim to control the puck with your stick rather than using out-of-control power shots.
- Step 3: Dress to play. Gear includes knee, shoulder, and elbow pads; a hockey shirt; padded pants; gloves; and a helmet.
- Step 4: Locate a suitable indoor or outdoor space to play in and clear the area of debris. Set up a goal at either end of the field.
- TIP: Teams each typically have four players plus a goalie on the playing field, with extras on the bench for substitutions.
- Step 5: Set ground rules for the game. Determine boundaries and define what constitutes misconduct.
- Step 6: Practice inline skating to improve your skills before the game.