If you're looking for a new musical challenge that combines the piano and guitar, this guide will have you rocking out like your favorite artist in no time.
- Step 1: Put everything together and jam out to your favorite music solos or form a band to let your inner song be heard.
- FACT: In 1876, Elisha Gray invented a music synthesizer while trying to perfect his telephone. He eventually filed his telephone patent two hours after Alexander Graham Bell.
- Step 2: Manipulate the modulation, pitch, and vibrato of each note using the buttons near your left hand on the keytar's neck.
- TIP: You can plug into any standard guitar amplifier.
- Step 3: Sling your keytar over your shoulder and adjust the strap so that your right hand can reach the keys comfortably.
- Step 4: Practice playing the keyboard with only your right hand, especially if you're accustomed to playing a piano.
- Step 5: Take piano lessons and brush up on your keyboard skills. Half of the keytar is a synthesizer keyboard.