Pregnancy can be stressful and uncomfortable, but you can make it more fun by observing ancient Chinese superstitions. Who knows? Maybe some of your new practices will help protect your new child or ease your labor!
- Step 1: Avoid using glue -- superstition says it will cause you to have a difficult birth.
- Step 2: Be kind to animals, and never strike an animal during your pregnancy. Doing so will cause your child to look like that animal. Presumably that rule applies to striking your husband as well!
- FACT: The population of China as of July 2010 was estimated to be 1,330,141,295.
- Step 3: Keep a knife under your bed. This will protect your unborn child from evil spirits.
- Step 4: Do not rub your stomach repeatedly. Doing so can cause you to give birth to a spoiled child.
- Step 5: Understand that old traditions say that the sex of a baby can be determined by the shape of the pregnant woman's abdomen after the first three months.
- TIP: A pointed belly, means the child will be male. A rounded belly means to expect a female child.
- Step 6: Eat carrots and lettuce if you want a boy. Have fish and pickles if you want a girl.