iPhone 4 comes out June 24, 2010. Here's how to pre-order Apple's newest mobile device.
- Step 1: Be patient -- phones ship to online customers or are available to pick up for customers who reserve in a store starting on June 24, 2010. Then, once you get your shiny new toy, feel free to gloat.
- FACT: iPhone 4 is 9.3 millimeters thick, making it the thinnest smartphone ever as of its release.
- TIP: AT&T stores will sell 1 iPhone 4 per person for new customers, and 1 per household for new online orders. Existing customers can purchase 1 per eligible telephone number.
- Step 2: Alternatively, visit an Apple or AT&T store in one of the available countries and reserve an iPhone 4 for pickup on the release date.
- Step 3: If you live in the United States, France, Germany, Japan, or the United Kingdom, you can pre-order an iPhone 4 at apple.com/iphone or att.com/iphone (in the U.S. only) starting June 15. Enter your credit card, billing, and shipping information, place your order, and wait for an e-mail with an order ID -- the ID will update with a tracking number once your device ships.
- TIP: The device retails in the U.S. for $199 for the 16-GB model and $299 for the 32-GB model with a 2-year AT&T contract.
- Step 4: Visit apple.com/iphone to learn about iPhone 4's brand new features, including FaceTime video calling, Retina display, multitasking, HD video recording and editing with the iMovie app, and a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash.