Curious how tall your child will grow up to be? Here's an easy formula that gives you a guesstimate.
- Step 1: Provide your child with nutritious food to help them reach their full height potential.
- FACT: Overeating can cause children's growth to stop at a younger age.
- TIP: Another popular way to estimate is to measure your child's height at age 2 and double it for their adult height.
- Step 2: Understand the limitations of predicting a child's height: The number you arrived at has a 4-inch margin of error in either direction.
- Step 3: To estimate a boy's adult height, add 2.5 inches (or 6.5 centimeters if you're using metric units) to the parents' average.
- Step 4: To estimate a girl's adult height, subtract 2.5 inches or 6.5 centimeters from the parents' average.
- Step 5: Calculate the average of the parents' height by adding their height together and dividing it by 2, which will give you the average.