Prepare one of these irresistible heart-healthy recipes.
- Step 1: Make fruit kebabs with lime dip. Whisk the lime juice, zest, and yogurt in a small bowl and cover and refrigerate. Thread a grape, a pineapple chunk, a diced and peeled kiwi, a banana chunk, and a strawberry onto a skewer. Enjoy with the dip. Now you know you can eat heart-healthy.
- FACT: The American Heart Association was founded as the Association for the Prevention and Relief of Heart Disease in 1915.
- Step 2: Hold the potato with an oven-mitt, cut the potato in half, and scoop out most of the potato in a bowl. Spray the inside of the potato skin with butter-flavored cooking spray, then season with pepper and rosemary. Place back in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve while they are hot.
- Step 3: Make crispy potato skins. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and place them in the oven for 1 hour, until the skins are crisp.
- Step 4: Make a banana-strawberry milkshake. Blend one banana, six frozen strawberries, yogurt, and soy milk in a blender until smooth. This is a healthy after-dinner dessert.
- TIP: One cup of peaches can be substituted for the strawberries.
- Step 5: Make white bean dip. Blend the beans, olive oil, roasted garlic, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Serve on top of sweet red peppers or pita bread.