Join the growing ranks of tech-savvy couples using a more modern way to pop the question with this over-the-top multimedia proposal.
- Step 1: Propose while your friend catches all the action on camera. Then have them immediately post it to your Facebook and Twitter pages.
- TIP: Immediately change your Facebook status from "single" to "engaged."
- Step 2: Remember -- it's forever. The video of you popping the question will live eternally on the internet so be sure you're ready for the commitment.
- FACT: Nielsen statistics show that the world now spends over 110 billion minutes on social networks and blog sites. This equates to 22 percent of all time online.
- Step 3: Make your intentions to propose known via Facebook and Twitter at the last possible moment. When you arrive at the location, check into Foursquare to broadcast your GPS. Take a picture and post a photo of the ring.
- Step 4: E-mail a live link to family and friends where they can watch the video.
- TIP: Even if you're sure of a yes, make sure you feel confident your partner will appreciate be proposed to in front of the whole world.
- Step 5: Set up a live video streaming service in advance so friends and relatives can watch the proposal in real time.
- Step 6: Send a friend with a video- and internet-capable cellphone to the spot where you plan to propose to film the special moment. Arrange to have your significant other meet you there.
- TIP: Arrange for a friend to bring your partner to the spot to distract them from checking their social media.
- Step 7: Be sure your significant other will say "yes." Getting turned down in front of all your friends, contacts, and strangers isn't something you'll want to relive.