Protect your baby from the dangers of extreme cold weather with these tips.
- TIP: Carry an extra pair of mittens if your baby sucks their thumb.
- Step 1: Provide extra warmth by getting a seat liner for your stroller. Stroller covers are also available to protect your baby from the wind, rain, and snow.
- Step 2: Keep your baby's skin moisturized to prevent dry, chapped skin. Now keep your bundle of joy bundled up!
- FACT: An estimated 40 to 60 percent of heat is lost through an uncovered head.
- Step 3: Protect your baby's hands with fleece, micro-fleece, or wool mittens.
- Step 4: Keep your baby's feet dry and protected with warm socks and booties.
- Step 5: Wrap a blanket around the snowsuit on frigid days. Also look for blankets with Velcro fasteners that attach to a car seat or stroller.
- TIP: Wool and fleece blankets are heavier and warmer than cotton.
- Step 6: Protect your little ones head from the cold and wind by getting a hat that is both insulated and waterproof.
- Step 7: Keep your baby warm by putting them in an easy-on snowsuit. You can also dress them in layers and wrap in a blanket.