Use these tips to pull off the man-scarf without embarrassing yourself.
- Step 1: Use the classic flip, wrapping it around your neck once and then flipping one end over your shoulder. Leave the other end hanging in front.
- Step 2: Tie the scarf in a knot at the back of your neck. Spread the remaining scarf around your shoulders and over your chest.
- TIP: Match colors in a patterned shirt with a solid scarf color.
- Step 3: Let the left side of the scarf hang lower than the right. Wrap the left side one and a half times over the right, threading it under the neck loop the second time. Then, fold it over the top. Spread it out from the center of the neck, and tuck it into the sides of an open shirt collar.
- Step 4: Fold the scarf in half widthwise, then lengthwise, and drape it around the back of your neck. Pull the loose end through the loop in front.
- Step 5: Wear your scarf loosely around your neck, as if you absent-mindedly hung it there. In a classic drape, leave it hanging open over the shoulders, on the outside of a coat or shirt collar.