Fast food may not be a good idea for eating out, but for a family on the move, healthy recipes fixed in a jiffy solve that dilemma tastefully. Get your cooking it done quickly and feel good about what you feed your brood.
- Step 1: Fix 5-spice turkey and lettuce wraps to eat light and fast and get going again. Serve with chili-garlic sauce and rice vinegar for a taste that will stay with you.
- FACT: According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, by 2008, 25 percent of all carrots grown in America were organic.
- Step 2: Whip up vegetarian lasagna in a little over half an hour. Roast the vegetables with cherry tomatoes, onion, pepper, and garlic. Great eats, smart nutrition.
- TIP: Make breakfast for dinner. Try soft boiled eggs and a potato hashed in the pan with some veggies and feta.
- Step 3: Make 3-bean vegetarian chili, frying up onion in olive oil until soft. Add garlic, green pepper, and mushroom, and puree sun dried tomatoes in a food processor, mixing in the beans and tomatoes. You'll have big enjoyment in little time.
- Step 4: Go south of the border using spicy beer-battered fish tacos covered in tomato and onions. Whisk spices and flour in beer to create the batter. Complete a filling meal with a dessert of diced mango in light sour cream.