Although high-quality brassware is usually lacquered by an electrochemical method, you can re-lacquer everyday brass objects by spraying them with lacquer as described here.
- FACT: Musical instruments made of wood, horn, or even animal bone are included in the family of brass instruments.
- Step 1: Let the object dry. Enjoy the nice look of your "new" brass object.
- TIP: Do not spray the lacquer on cold metal. It will set very quickly, leaving trapped bubbles or drip marks.
- Step 2: Using a lacquer spray, spray several thin coats on the object.
- Step 3: Let the brass object equilibrate to a warm temperature.