The online equivalent of Black Friday, Cyber Monday is one of the busiest shopping days of the year. Here are some ways to make sure your company gets its share of that business.
- Step 1: Know what merchandise is primed to sell. By being aware of your strongest market, you can create a targeted list of products. Now you can rest easy knowing you reached the buyers you wanted.
- FACT: United States consumers spent $29.1 billion online between November 1st and December 31st, 2009.
- Step 2: Anticipate spikes in online sales. Make sure your website is robust enough to handle the extra traffic you will get on Cyber Monday.
- Step 3: Use search engine optimization in your online ads. Create strong titles and meta descriptions that will grab potential customers.
- Step 4: Offer great deals. Shoppers are used to offers like free shipping, so try to offer them more compelling reasons to buy your products.
- TIP: Connect with consumers on a personal level and give them good reasons to buy from you instead of the competition.
- Step 5: Use targeted ads. Rather than broadcasting one-size-fits-all ads to potential online consumers, look for ways to target those customers seeking deals with the best value proposition.