Follow these simple steps to remove your acrylic nails without pain.
- TIP: If you remove the foil and soaked cotton balls too soon, the acrylic can start to harden and you’ll need to start the process again.
- Step 1: Use a cuticle pusher to scrape off the acrylic. Then buff with the buffer file.
- FACT: The average person's nails grow about one to two millimeters per week.
- Step 2: Place the cotton balls onto your nails, wrap them with foil, and wait for 30 minutes.
- Step 3: Soak 10 cotton balls in acetone until they're saturated.
- Step 4: Clip your nail tips.
- Step 5: Pour acetone into a glass bowl.
- : Acetone is extremely flammable. Keep away from heat. When using acetone, always work in a well-ventilated area.
- Step 6: Coat your cuticles and the skin around your nails with petroleum jelly.