Feel like you're smuggling shag carpet under your shirt? Lighten your load, and get a look that's sure to impress.
- Step 1: Consider having your chest hair permanently removed with a professional laser treatment. This is by far the most expensive option, but it requires the least amount of maintenance. After a few sessions, chest hair is gone for good, and you'll have that baby smooth look and feel forever!
- FACT: Did you know? A poll of men's grooming habits revealed one in 10 men trim their chest hair.
- Step 2: Go to a pro and get your chest waxed. Although this process can be painful, it lasts two weeks or longer, often without the irritation associated with shaving or creams.
- Step 3: You can also use a depilatory cream to remove chest hair. Apply it liberally to the entire chest and wait five to 10 minutes as directed. Use a damp washcloth to wipe the cream and the hair away, and then hop in the shower. Discontinue use if burning or irritation occurs.
- Step 4: If you want to get rid of your chest hair completely, shave it. For best results, shave in the shower after exfoliating thoroughly and lathering up with a moisturizing shaving cream. Shave with, rather than against the grain, to avoid razor burn, and apply fragrance-free lotion or aftershave when you get out of the shower.
- TIP: Use a shaving brush to work lather under the hair for a gentler shave.
- Step 5: Reduce chest hair with clippers. Set the guard to the desired length and run the clippers over your chest and stomach for a neat, trimmed look.