Remove and upgrade your trucks to keep your skateboard crescent fresh.
- Step 1: Using your skate tool or socket wrench, tighten the bolts.
- Step 2: Hand-thread each nut back onto the bolts.
- Step 3: Repeat steps 6 through 8 for the rear truck.
- Step 4: Replace your wheels if you’ve taken them off.
- FACT: Tony Hawk was the first to successfully execute and land a 900, a trick where you turn two and half times in the air before landing.
- Step 5: Line up the new front truck and slip on the existing bolts.
- Step 6: Repeat this for each bolt and nut on both trucks.
- Step 7: Insert the screwdriver or hex wrench into the bolt on the top of the deck.
- TIP: Remove your wheels if you can’t reach the truck bolts with them on.
- Step 8: Place your socket wrench or skate tool over the bolt on the bottom of the deck.
- Step 9: Take off the nut and the truck should slip right off the bolts.
- TIP: You can leave the bolts for the new truck or remove and replace them, if you prefer.
- Step 10: Turn your deck onto its side.