If you create a new screen name but want to continue to chat with everyone that you had on your old name's buddy list, you can easily transfer the list.
- Step 1: Save the file anywhere on your computer under any name. Now you'll never have to worry about losing your buddies' screen names.
- FACT: AOL debuted the Buddy List in 1996.
- Step 2: Choose Edit once you open up AIM on your Mac computer. Find the Account Options and then click on Export Buddy List.
- TIP: If you are switching computers, once you save the file you can attach it to an e-mail and send it to yourself.
- Step 3: Click on Save Buddy List. Save it under any file name you want.
- Step 4: Open AIM on your Windows computer and find the My AIM menu in your Buddy List Window.