Saving an iChat Buddy List is a great way to make sure you don't lose all of your contacts.
- Step 1: Click Edit, and from that menu select Account Options and then Export Buddy List. Now you have your Buddy List in several places for safe keeping.
- FACT: Apple opened its first retail store in Europe on November 20, 2004. The store opened in London on Regent Street.
- Step 2: Sign into AIM with your MobileMe account if you want to save the Buddy List as a file. Don't forget the "@me.com" in the screen name.
- TIP: Click the top name and hit Command-A to select all the names. Then you can drag them as a group.
- Step 3: Choose Preferences from the iChat menu. From the menu, click on Accounts. Make sure that both your Mac account and MobileMe account are in your Accounts pane.
- Step 4: Sign into both your Mac and MobileMe accounts at the same time. Both your iChat buddy list and MobileMe buddy list should be open. From here you can click and drag names over to your MobileMe list.
- Step 5: Open iChat. Find the iChat menu and click it.