On top of an e-mail, news, and search engine, Yahoo! also offers a messenger to chat with friends. Saving these contacts with Yahoo! Messenger is easy.
- Step 1: Keep your contacts tucked safely away in your Yahoo! Address Book. The contact you added from Messenger is now stored in your address book which you can access at address.yahoo.com. Now you can stay connected with all your Yahoo! friends.
- FACT: Yahoo!'s original name was Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web, after the founders David Filo and Jerry Yang.
- Step 2: Set up a contact by typing in the information that the next window asks you for. Click Save & Close when you are done.
- TIP: You can import contacts from other accounts like Gmail and AOL. Just click Import Contacts from the Contacts menu.
- Step 3: Click Contacts at the top of the Yahoo! Messenger window. From that menu, hit Add an Address Book Contact.
- Step 4: Sign into the Yahoo! Messenger. If you have a Yahoo! e-mail account or a user name with their website, you will have a messenger account.