Do you have a list of favorite websites that you would be miserable without? Don't lose your bookmarks in a computer crash -- save your faves and never be lost again.
- TIP: Clicking on the top-most folder in the dialog box will select all folders within it.
- Step 1: Save the files to your desktop or documents folder using a unique file name, so you can easily locate it in the future.
- Step 2: Transfer the files on a CD, flash drive, external hard drive, or other storage device. Use the storage device to load bookmarks to your computer in cases of computer crash, so your surfing will never be postponed due to "bad weather."
- FACT: Internet Explorer was first received by Microsoft customers in 1995 with the debut of the Windows 95 operating system.
- Step 3: Choose the folders you want to save and hit Next.
- Step 4: Select favorites to save to a file and click Next. You can also add feeds and cookies to your selection to retain all three.
- TIP: If you are using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8, click on the favorites button at the top of the window and then select the arrow next to Add to Favorites.
- Step 5: Select Import/Export from the drop-down menu by rolling your pointer over it and clicking the mouse once.
- Step 6: Choose Export To a File in the dialog box that pops up and click Next.
- Step 7: Open Internet Explorer and navigate to a favorite site. Select File from the menu bar at the top of the window, by clicking it once.