Whether you're switching to a new phone or you just want to make sure that your contact list is backed up, saving your contacts from your iPhone to your computer is a simple process using the Sync feature in iTunes.
- Step 1: Click the Apply button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Click Sync to sync your iPhone to your computer and save your contacts to the program you have chosen. Sync frequently and know that your contacts will still be around, even if your iPhone isn't.
- FACT: Motorola introduced the first portable cell phone to the commercial market in 1983. The device weighed two pounds and cost nearly $4,000.
- TIP: Some of the sync programs options require additional software or accounts.
- Step 3: Click the box next to Sync Contacts. Choose the program you want to sync with from the drop-down box.
- TIP: Use the most recent version of iTunes and update whenever prompted by the program.
- Step 4: Click on your iPhone in the device list on the left side of the iTunes panel.
- Step 5: Click the Info button at the top of the iPhone panel on the right side of the screen.
- Step 6: Connect your iPhone to your computer using the connection cord and open iTunes.