If you like to customize your home page or social network to suit your needs, let your computer remember these changes with cookies.
- Step 1: View your saved cookies on a Mac by clicking on the Show Cookies button. In Windows, visit your Internet Options under the Control Panel and click on View Files. You can also go to Settings under Browsing History"and click View Files.
- Step 2: Click OK to save the settings and close the window. Your computer will now save any changes or preferences while you surf the web as a cookie to your computer.
- FACT: Cookies were first introduced in 1994 as a means to track virtual items inside a shopping cart for an online store.
- TIP: You can individually deny cookies for certain sites by clicking the Exceptions button and adding the website address manually.
- Step 3: Click on Accept Cookies From Sites in the middle section of the window. You can also allow your computer to accept cookies from a third party as well, but this isn't necessary.
- Step 4: Find the Tools menu at the top of the screen and click on it. Select Options from the drop down menu and a new window will open. On a Mac, click on the Firefox menu and then select Preferences.
- Step 5: Find the Privacy tab at the top of the pop up window and select it. This brings up the security settings for your Firefox browser on both Mac and PC computers.
- Step 6: Open the Mozilla Firefox internet browser on your PC or Mac computer. Wait for your homepage to load completely before proceeding.