Beautiful summer weather makes everyone want to get out and do something fun. Pool memberships and amusement parks can be a drain on the wallet, but you can find fun summer activities that cost practically nothing.
- Step 1: Go for amateur sporting events rather than professional. The tickets are cheaper and so are the concessions, but the entertainment value is still high.
- Step 2: Head to the beach. Just pack a cooler full of drinks and food before you go to save money. Use your towels from home instead of renting chairs or buying towels there to sprawl out. Whatever you do in the summer, don't forget your sunscreen!
- FACT: The summer solstice, or first day of summer, is also the longest day of the year for people living in the Northern Hemisphere.
- TIP: Use a spreadsheet to mark what everyone is bringing so there aren't repeats.
- Step 3: Barbecue, but make it a potluck and invite your friends. That way, each guest will bring a dish, and you won't have to pay for a full menu.
- TIP: Try camping in your own yard. If you have little ones, just sleeping outside will be exciting enough.
- Step 4: Watch for free events like concerts or festivals going on in your area. Many cities put on these kind of events in parks during the warm weather months. Check at local venues or online to find a calendar of events.
- Step 5: Go camping this summer. It is a great way to enjoy the weather and each other's company.