If you are planning a trip and want to quickly save money for it, you can do so with some simple lifestyle changes.
- Step 1: Borrow books from your local library instead of purchasing them. Many libraries also have large collections of DVDs available for lending.
- Step 2: Keep you car as long as you can. If you need another one for your trip, consider purchasing a pre-owned vehicle or renting a car. And have a great vacation!
- FACT: Between August 2008 and July 2009, 42 percent of American adults reported traveling by air for leisure trips.
- Step 3: Opt for generic products when they are available. Store brands can save you serious money.
- Step 4: Purchase items in bulk. Warehouse stores, like Costco and Sam's Club, cater to clients who use this shopping strategy.
- Step 5: Prepare a shopping list before you head out to the stores -- and stick to it. Impulsive buying can undermine your saving strategy.
- TIP: Shop when you are in a hurry. Not only will you save time, but you will also be less likely to succumb to impulsive buying.
- Step 6: Prepare your meals at home. Unless both you and your spouse work, this should not be difficult. The savings are considerable compared with dining out.