You can't slow down time, but you can make the morning routine move more swiftly. Organization is the key to saving time when starting your day.
- Step 1: Always keep your keys in the same place so that you don't have to hunt for them before you can leave. Consider attaching a key finder to them -- when you press the key finder button, the fob on your keychain makes a noise.
- FACT: Carnation Instant Breakfast was introduced in 1965.
- Step 2: Stick with a quick breakfast like cereal or yogurt and granola. You can take breakfast with you, in the form or a banana or apple. Just don't skip the meal altogether! Now enjoy the extra time you have in the morning.
- Step 3: Hang accessories so that they are visible and organized. You don't want to waste time sifting through a drawer or bin full of scarves.
- Step 4: Use baskets you keep near the door for each family member to store their out-the-door items like gloves or hats.
- TIP: Create labels for things if you can't put them in separate bins. Labels can go on school lunches, too.
- Step 5: Start the night before. You can take your shower at night, and lay out your clothes for the next morning. Pack your lunch the night before, too.