One day out of the year to honor mom and all the special things she does just isn't enough. Use one of these simple ways to make her feel special throughout the year.
- Step 1: See a movie, take a long walk, or just spend time with your mother. She'll appreciate time with you most of all.
- FACT: In nearly every language, the word for mother begins with the letter M.
- Step 2: Give her a framed photo of the two of you, or take a meaningful snapshot and turn it into something she can use, like a photo plate to hold jewelry or small items.
- Step 3: Prepare her favorite meal, bake her a cake, or serve her breakfast in bed on a tray with cut-out paper flowers. Nothing says “I love you” more than home-baked treats.
- TIP: Include a famous, inspirational quote about mothers if you have trouble expressing your own thoughts.
- Step 4: Surprise her with an unplanned visit. It's always exciting when someone pops-in unexpectedly.
- Step 5: Tell her you love her often. Call her up just to say “I love you, Mom!” or send her a handwritten note on heavy card stock.