Clean the clutter from your house and garage and sell them at a swap meet. Good luck and happy selling with these tips.
- Step 1: Attach price labels to your merchandise in advance. People like to haggle so price the items a little higher than what you'd expect to sell them for.
- Step 2: Have plenty of change on hand, extra price labels, and bags for the customers to put their items in.
- Step 3: Smile and have fun. One person's junk is another person's treasure.
- FACT: The paper used to make U.S. currency is composed of 25 percent linen and 75 percent cotton.
- TIP: Make sure that all items are in working condition and all clothing items are clean.
- Step 4: Organize the table to make it easier for the buyer. Also take advantage of the space under the table to display larger items.
- TIP: Find out if your state requires a seller's permit.
- Step 5: Get to the swap meet early to register and organize your items.
- Step 6: Set up an eye-catching display that is welcoming and attracts customers.
- Step 7: Look online to find a swap meet in your area that matches the products you are selling.