Send someone your unique BlackBerry Messenger PIN so they can e-mail you or to chat with fellow BlackBerry users. Here are multiple ways to find and send someone your BBM PIN.
- Step 1: Send your PIN after locating it one of these ways via text message or e-mail and chat away with other BlackBerry users.
- FACT: The popularity of the BlackBerry has spawned a term for the overuse of texting on the BlackBerry, called "BlackBerry thumb" -- similar to tennis elbow.
- Step 2: Check the box your BlackBerry came in for a sticker that should indicate your PIN.
- Step 3: Find your PIN through BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer. Launch Desktop Manager and go to the Main Menu page. Next to "Active device (PIN)" you'll find your device model and PIN in parentheses.
- TIP: You can also send someone your number by typing "mynumber," which AutoText will convert to your phone number.
- Step 4: Locate your PIN from the main BBM screen. Press the Menu Key, select View My Profile, and choose to show your PIN Barcode.
- Step 5: Use the AutoText feature to find your PIN. Simply type "mypin" within a text message or e-mail on your phone and press enter. AutoText automatically inserts your PIN number in the place where you typed "mypin."