Show some appreciation for a Facebook friend. Use Facebook Credits to send a virtual or real gift through third-party Facebook app developers as well as Facebook partners.
- Step 1: Send an Amazon gift card. Choose a card design and add a personal message. Then post to the recipient's Wall along with an acclaim code that allows for redeeming the gift at Amazon.
- FACT: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg wanted his $100 million Newark public schools gift made anonymously, but the city's mayor convinced him to take credit for it.
- Step 2: Buy game virtual goods as gifts for players of Facebook games from third party developers. FarmVille goods can include tractor fuel and farm animals.
- Step 3: Make your gift public or private. Other friends may be able to view a public gift and personal message. A private gift and message can only be seen by the recipient.
- Step 4: See the list of applications and games that accept Facebook Credits. Apps include the Hallmark Social Calendar and games include FarmVille and Mafia Wars.
- TIP: In August 2010, Facebook stopped directly selling virtual gifts to members. They can only be bought from third-party developers.
- Step 5: Log onto your Facebook account, and buy Facebook Credits. Click on the Account Settings tab, and then the Payments tab. Then click on the buy more link and buy Credits via credit card or PayPal.