If you've found a website that you want to share with someone, there are quick and easy ways to transmit the site's URL.
- FACT: According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, in 2009, more than 90 percent of internet users between 18 and 72 said they sent and received e-mail, making it the top online activity, just ahead of search engines.
- Step 1: If you have a long, unwieldly URL, shorten it using a URL shortener like bit.ly. Copy the URL and paste it into the text field. Hit "shorten," and copy the link to send.
- TIP: If you right-click on a link in a web page, you will open a menu that also a Copy option.
- Step 2: Send a URL directly from a web page using Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer by clicking on the File pull-down menu and selecting Send Link. Your e-mail program will open to a new message with the URL pasted in it.
- Step 3: Copy the URL you want to send to someone and paste it into the body of an e-mail message. Then send the message. When the recipient opens the message, they will be able to click on the link and go to the website.