There's no need to spend a fortune on lingerie. Unleash your inner sex goddess and stay within your budget by following these fabulous lingerie shopping tips.
- Step 1: Indulge your inner goddess and visit a specialty retailer. Along with sexy, inexpensive lingerie, you'll find a treasure trove of inspiration for date night. Meow!
- FACT: _Vogue_ magazine coined the word "brassiere" in 1907. The description stems from an old French word meaning "upper arm."
- Step 2: Check area vintage clothing stores for trendy corsets, teddies, and peignoirs. Do a thorough inspection near a window or bright light to make sure your selections are devoid of major stains or rips.
- Step 3: Use a search engine to find online lingerie sites. Specialized dealers and stores offer a plethora of sexy, cheap lingerie for sale on their websites. Keep a list of your favorite sellers and sign up for e-mail updates.
- TIP: Always ask about the seller or the store's return policy. Many stores have a strict no-return policy for lingerie.
- Step 4: Scour big-box retail and department stores for inexpensive finds. National retailers often feature impressive sales in a great selection of sizes.
- Step 5: Use a measuring tape to accurately measure your height, waist, hips, inseam and bust. Exact measurements are important, especially if you won't be able to try on the clothing.