Enjoy this tasty smoked salmon dish that will have you fishing for more.
- TIP: Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the fish. When it's done, the meat will flake when pierced with a fork.
- Step 1: Serve immediately or cool the fish to room temperature. Enjoy!
- FACT: Salmon live in both salt and fresh water habitats during the course of their life.
- Step 2: Smoke the fish skin-side down, keeping the temperature in the smoker at about 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Begin checking on the fish after about 1 1/2 hours.
- Step 3: Unwrap and thoroughly rinse the fish will cold water. Pat the fish dry, and leave it in a cool, dry place that is not the refrigerator for about an hour until it dries completely.
- TIP: You can also soak the salmon in a brine solution as an alternative.
- Step 4: Cover the fish tightly with plastic wrap, put it in on the wooden plank, and lay a heavy pan or phone book on top. Allow the salmon to sit in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- TIP: Liquid will run off the side, so drain or wipe the juice periodically to avoid making a mess.
- Step 5: Mix together the salt, sugar, and pepper. Rub the mixture on both sides of the salmon.