Since 1957, the Military Order of the Purple Heart Service Foundation has raised funds for wounded and disabled veterans. Find out how you can support them, too.
- Step 1: Fulfill the wish list of the Purple Heart Foundation by giving a gift-in-kind. The current wish list includes: marketing material, publishing services, wheelchairs for veterans, and transport vehicles.
- Step 2: Use your corporation to sponsor programs to help veterans. Call the office to talk about supporting veterans as a corporation.
- FACT: President George Washington designed the Badge of Military Merit, which would later become the Purple Heart, in 1782.
- TIP: Donate any other unused household items to the Purple Heart Service Foundation.
- Step 3: Give away your usable clothing to be sold to raise funds for the Purple Heart Service Foundation. Clothes can be picked up at your door by scheduling a pickup on veteranpickup.org.
- Step 4: Send a check by mail to 7008 Little River Turnpike, PO Box 49, Annandale, VA 22003. Make it out to the Military Order of Purple Heart Service Foundation.
- Step 5: Dedicate your purple heart donations in honor of a loved one. Contact the office at 703-256-6139 to have them notify the family you wish to honor.
- Step 6: Contact the Purple Heart Car Donation Program by filling out the car donation form online at purpleheartcars.org or by calling 888-414-4483 to schedule a vehicle pickup and donate your car to support veterans.
- Step 7: Donate with a credit card by visiting the Military Order of Purple Heart Service Foundation website at mophsf.org. You can do a one-time donation, or donate monthly.