Working at a desk in an office for 40 hours a week can be pretty dull. It can also be a jungle. Make yourself content with your cubicle career and stay employed.
- Step 1: Think positively. Being negative and complaining will only make things more difficult on you and let others label you negatively. Be upbeat and a good team player and soon you won't to think of it as surviving your job -- it will just be your job.
- FACT: "Dilbert," a comic about working in an office, was created in 1989 by Scott Adams.
- Step 2: Have a life outside of work. You can't let the job become your entire life or you will end up hating it. Keeping a separation of work and home maintains balance.
- TIP: Don't pick sides on issues that you don't really have control over or that aren't important.
- Step 3: Take care of your body. Request an ergonomic chair, and get up and stretch at least once an hour. Take the stairs instead of the elevator and parking further from the door to add in a little more exercise, and go for walks during your breaks.
- Step 4: Be persuasive about things that you want done by pointing out that what you are trying to achieve is best for the company. Don't give in to others, but don't argue just to win.
- Step 5: Eat breakfast -- yes, it is important. You'll be happy that you did when you aren't jumping down everyone's throat because you are hungry and cranky.