Being a middle school student is no Sunday school picnic. Here's how to get through the experience and not end up in a locker.
- Step 1: Use color-coded folders for different classes -- you won't waste time trying to find the right folder when you open your locker.
- Step 2: Above all, in the boys' room never use a urinal next to one that is being used. If you think all this is difficult, just wait until you get to high school.
- FACT: Between 2005 and 2006, 43 percent of U.S. middle schools reported problems with bullying.
- Step 3: Make sure no one is looking when you open your locker. Someone might steal your combination.
- Step 4: Don't stare at other students. Middle-schoolers are notoriously hyper-sensitive about their appearance.
- Step 5: Have regular times to interact in person with your friends. Instant messaging doesn't count -- spend time hanging out with them.
- TIP: Stay away from mean kids. They are the ones most likely to make you feel bad or unsure of yourself.
- Step 6: Do your homework and pay attention in class. You don't have to be a genius to succeed in middle school -- all you have to do is attend class and do your assignments.