Knowing how to take a test can be as important as knowing the answers to the questions.
- Step 1: Go on to the next question if you don't know the answer to one. You may be able to figure out the answer as you work on other problems in the test.
- FACT: A study found that people who got eight hours of sleep before taking a math test were nearly three times more likely to figure out the problems than people who stayed awake all night.
- Step 2: Answer the easiest questions first. If you get stuck on a question, move on to the next; come back to the unfinished question later if you have time.
- TIP: Use a watch to pace yourself as you work through the problems. Allocate the most time to the problems that are worth the most points.
- Step 3: Look over the test to determine how much time you will have for each section before you answer any of the questions.
- Step 4: Read the test instructions carefully.