Salmon makes a healthy meal full of omega 3 fatty acids and can be prepared in many ways such as smoked, baked in the oven, grilled, and fried. Learn how to tell when salmon is fully cooked and serve it for your loved ones today.
- FACT: During spawning, male pink salmon develop a large hump on their back, hence given the nickname humpback salmon.
- Step 1: Look at the color of the salmon. A well-cooked salmon will appear opaque. Now, enjoy your delicious, healthy meal.
- Step 2: Slide a spatula under the thickest part of the salmon and twist upward. If the salmon naturally separates along the seams, the salmon is done.
- TIP: A general rule of thumb is to cook each half pound of salmon for eight minutes; and if you're cooking the salmon on your grill, expect 20 minutes for each half pound.
- Step 3: Insert a fork into the thickest part of the salmon and twist. The salmon will flake when fully cooked.