Shake things up a little with a Halo-themed Halloween party this year. Just make sure that none of your guests take being a part of a first-person shooter homage too seriously!
- Step 1: Set up the biggest television in your home for the party with the best speakers and plenty of controllers. Have different versions of the game.
- Step 2: Play the game with your guests at the party. Set up a death match tournament, engage in co-ops in Halo 3, and look for the Halo Halloween special.
- FACT: Halloween was begun as a New Year celebration by the Celts in Ireland, who dressed in disguise to protect themselves from the spirits of the dead.
- Step 3: Provide food and beverages for the party. Finger foods are the best, like tacos, chips, and pizza. Although Mountain Dew stopped making Halo Game Fuel, any highly-caffeinated beverages will work.
- Step 4: Decorate your home with Halo posters and standees. Carve Halo Halloween pumpkins.
- TIP: Give an award to the guest with the best costume.
- Step 5: Send out Halo-themed invitations with images from the game on them.
- TIP: A few online stores sell customizable Halo invitations.
- Step 6: Make costumes required for the party. Encourage guests to dress up as members of their favorite first-person shooter, or FPS, character, such as aliens from the Covenant, the Elite forces, or the Spartans. If you are really ambitious, design or purchase a version of Master Chief's armor.