Your parents are out of town and it’s time to throw that epic party. Here’s how to make it work.
- Step 1: Set up trash cans strategically inside the house and in the outdoor party area. This will make cleanup easier.
- Step 2: Stay focused throughout the party. You need to be able to react if something unexpected happens, or to stop something bad from happening. Have fun within boundaries.
- Step 3: Clean as thoroughly as you possibly can. Cover every inch, including outside.
- FACT: Did you know? The term "toast" comes from ancient Rome when a piece of toasted bread was dropped into wine.
- TIP: Take pictures of what the place looks like before you set up for the party. That way you can make sure to put things back the way they were.
- Step 4: Prepare the party space by hiding anything that is valuable, breakable, dangerous, or could be ruined by liquids or rowdiness.
- Step 5: Start planning the party as soon you know your parents are going out of town. The better prepared you are, the less chance you have of getting caught, and the better the party will be.
- Step 6: Prepare a shopping list of food, drinks, and cleaning supplies. Make sure you have enough money to cover the cost.
- TIP: Buy party supplies after your parents are gone.
- Step 7: Get your friends to help set up and clean up. Save some cash in case you need to offer them a monetary incentive.
- : Don't drink unless you're of legal age. Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive.