A blade or electric razor won't do the trick, and it's too painful to pluck. Here are some guidelines for removing nose and ear hair painlessly.
- Step 1: Place the end of the trimmer against your nostrils or ear and allow the trimmer to trim your errant hairs.
- FACT: True hair is found only in mammals. Other classes of animal may have hair-like structures, but only mammals have actual hair.
- Step 2: Follow the manufacturer's instructions for turning on the trimmer.
- Step 3: Use a nose and ear hair trimmer if you want to remove the hair. Using blades or electric shavers is dangerous and ineffective. Some trimmers are equipped with a rotating blade that spins in one direction while others have an oscillating blade that rotates from left to right.
- TIP: Do not attempt to use scissors or tweezers to cut or pluck the hair. Both can cause cuts that lead to infection.
- Step 4: Examine yourself in the mirror in a well-lit room. If you can see nose or ear hairs you might want to consider trimming them with a nose and ear hair trimmer.