Trimming your own split ends helps keep your hair healthier and minimizes salon visits.
- TIP: Be sure to trim hair evenly, especially if you have straight hair. Curly hair may hide jagged cuts, but it will be obvious in straight hair.
- Step 1: Repeat trimming split ends throughout all sections of hair.
- FACT: Did you know? The hair on your head grows at a rate of about .4 millimeters a day.
- Step 2: Trim the split ends using short strokes with the scissor tips. Cut only the damaged hair.
- Step 3: Grip a one-inch section of hair firmly between your first and middle fingers, about an inch from the bottom.
- Step 4: Locate your split ends, working through one section of hair at a time. Look for hairs that separate at the ends.
- TIP: Ask a friend for help, especially if you intend to work on back sections of hair.
- Step 5: Divide your hair into sections with a comb. Use the clips to pin up the hair you’re not working on.