Spice up your collection of Mardi Gras beads by twisting them into a stylish star shape.
- Step 1: Take the two strands of the necklace above the legs, and twist them together.
- Step 2: Go down two beads on each strand, and twist again forming the fifth leg and completing your Mardi Gras star shape. Now watch as your new creation becomes the envy of the crowd.
- FACT: Originally, the beads thrown at the parades during Mardi Gras were glass, not plastic.
- Step 3: Go one bead over, and twist off another section of four beads, forming a second leg. Repeat this process until you have four legs total.
- TIP: Twist twice to form a tighter star. Twisting more than twice may cause the necklace to break.
- Step 4: Look for the part of the Mardi Gras necklace where two beads are melted together. Start the star opposite the melted end.
- Step 5: Grab a section of four beads, and form them into a square. Twist the two strands together to form a leg of the star.
- Step 6: Pick a Mardi Gras necklace where all the beads are the same size, and put it around your neck.