Forget about red and blue shades watching a small set, and get ready for LCD shutter glasses and 3-D in HD.
- TIP: Each TV requires a specific pair of 3-D shutter glasses.
- Step 1: Add 3-D movies and games to your entertainment library and enjoy the switch to 3-D.
- FACT: An estimated four to 10 percent of Americans cannot see in 3-D.
- Step 2: Put on your 3-D LCD shutter glasses. Instead of using red and blue filters, the TV displays left and right views. The glasses block each eye in sequence to match the views and create a 3-D image.
- Step 3: Switch the TV to 3-D mode.
- TIP: If you previously purchased a 3-D compatible DLP rear-projection or plasma TV, you need a special 3-D kit and a connection to a PC.
- Step 4: Use the HDMI cables to connect the TV to a compatible 3-D source like a 3-D Blu-ray player or a NVIDIA GPU-powered PC with 3DTV Play software. If you have a Sony Playstation 3, you simply need a firmware upgrade.
- Step 5: Attach the 3-D transmitter to the VESA sync port.
- Step 6: Purchase a 3-D ready HDTV. The bigger the TV, the better the 3-D.