You've filled up your MMC card with pictures, but now you want them off your card and on your computer. Here's how.
- Step 1: Double-click the card, and drag the files to any folder on your computer to copy them.
- Step 2: Right-click and select Eject on a PC or drag the icon to the trash on a Mac to eject the card reader.
- FACT: Flash memory, which is used by MMC and SD cards, was developed by Japanese inventor Fujio Masuoka in the 1980s to replace hard disk drives.
- Step 3: Insert the card into the reader -- make sure to insert it the correct way. The card appears as a removable disc under My Computer on a Windows operation system, and as a desktop icon on a Mac.
- Step 4: Locate your USB drive and plug in the card reader.
- Step 5: Install the software to use the card reader. Most computers will automatically detect and install the reader, but for computers with an older operating system, you may have to use an installation disc.
- TIP: If you don't have the installation disc, search for the drivers online.
- Step 6: Read the system requirements on the card reader before purchasing it to make sure your computer can support it.